Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Winding Down!

Daniel had a great time at the YFC Camp over the weekend.  He was so glad to be able to head back to the Camp to help Mauricio & the YFC crew there!  He got to see some of the same kiddos that we met during our first week at VBS - I was so jealous!

Here are a few pictures from his time there - he took more but all of the pictures on the memory card were deleted the first day ... including ones from the City Dump!  We were so bummed - but it was an accident ... and we still have our favorites saved on the blog - thank GOODNESS!

Slip & Slide at the camp Daniel helped with

handsome hubby :)
Remember these precious faces?  Daniel took a picture of them for me ... I miss them so much!
While Daniel was at the Camp, I spent the weekend here in Tegucigalpa - had some much needed down time.  When we left for this trip, I had only been out of school for 2 days - and I go right back to school mode when we get home - starting with my first training 5 days after we return!  So I needed some "me" time - it was great :)  We celebrated a friend's birthday, went to see a church, local museum, and then I spent the rest of the weekend at the apartment. 

Catholic church


Beautiful!

Mayan Ruin replica in the museum :)
All Smiles :)
The crew - standing outside of Ana's window and singing Happy Birthday :)

Celebrating Ana's birthday :)




Here are a few pictures from our last couple of days :)

This was written on the board by one of my students during our break - it says "Laura Pretty" :)
I thought it was too sweet!

Daniel with Marlon - the mechanic that he worked with a few weeks ago when
he worked on the Mitsubishi.  We took him a tool set on behalf of us and
Rick Barbas - he was so happy and thankful!

We played a Spanish/English game the other day at La Roca - we agreed that if they won, I would do push ups and vice versa.  So ... here they are doing push ups :)


My kiddos wanted to teach me some Spanish - this is me
sitting in Spanish "class" :)

Daniel & Jonny practicing how to roll their "r"s :)

It's been a great couple of days - we are excited to see what the Lord has in store for the last few days that we are here!   Let the farewells & fun begin :)


No comments:

Post a Comment