Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day of Blessings

Today was another one of the greatest days since we have been in Honduras.  We started the day by heading to La Roca - I spent time teaching some of my kiddos and Daniel helped prepare spaghetti to take to the City Dump. 

We put spaghetti, rice, tortillas and a fork on a plate and wrapped it in plastic.  We ended up with 247 plates of spaghetti to share at the dump today. 


everyone working together to get work done!

wrapped plates for the dump!


When the food was ready - we hit the road!  There were seven of us today that went to the dump to feed and minister.  The car ride there was fun - all stuffed in Aben's car as usual :)

Jose on Danny's lap

SMILE :)

Before we passed out the food, Daniel was able to share the gospel with the people in line while Aben translated for him!  It was amazing to see how attentive they were - they were soaking in his words.





Here are some pictures of our time at the dump today.

She wanted a picture with me but would not get any closer

passing out food and water

"En el nombre de Jesus"
(In the name of Jesus)
 This is Lus - do you remember me writing about her? 


Lus is the lady that we circled around and prayed for the last time we were at the dump.  She has breast cancer - and the last time that I met her I was not able to get a picture with her.  I was so hopeful that I would be able to see her again today - and she walked right by me!

I asked her if she remembered me and she smiled and said yes - she gave me a huge hug - and started talking to me.  I had Roberta and Danny translate for us ... she pulled out papers from under her shirt and told me that she had to go to the hospital last week because of her pain. 



She also shared with us that she needed 500 Limpiras ($25) to get blood.  Everything in me wanted to give her the money - but when we go to the dump we do not carry anything with us.  I told her that I did not have money to give her - but that I promised that I would pray every day for her.  She wanted me to pray for her right then - so I did and Roberta translated.

Praying for peace and comfort

I told her that I can not wait to rejoice again in heaven when I see her healed - with tears in her eyes she hugged me and told me that she loved me.  I will never forget my moments with Lus - I can not wait to hug her again in glory!

After the dump, we went back to a neighborhood that is close to La Roca.  We did a home visit for 2 of our kiddos - Dennis & Noeliah.  When we got there - Noeliah was studying in her English notebook ... she was studying what I taught them this morning!  It was so neat to see that.

They were so happy to see us - Dennis is 12 and Noeliah is 14.  Noeliah kept saying, "you didn't tell me you were coming!" ... and kept telling us to please sit down.  We stayed for about 15 minutes - and Danny was able to share the gospel with them while we visited.

Here are some pictures of our walk to/from their house.


Nine people live here in the two rooms

Their house - 1 of 2 rooms

The roof

Their nephew peeking out the window

from the house looking down their steps

Danny sharing the gospel

Our students :)

Walking down the path

Looking up at their house from the path

Leaving the neighborhood

stopped by Jose & Danny's church so we could see it

Caci AKA jefe AKA papi AKA Aben :) Roberta, me and Dano

buying bags of water

drinking our water - gotta stay hydrated!

Ok this is hillarious.  Here in Honduras- instead of pointing at something with their fingers, they use their lips.  They pucker up and point with their lips for everything.  Daniel and I find it so funny - so we do it right along with them.  Here is our immitation of that today - hahah :)  ENJOY :)




Overall, it was a day full of many blessings!  The City Dump is by far our favorite place of ministry here in Tegucigalpa - the needs are so big and you truly have the opportunity to be the hands and feet of Christ!  It's amazing to see their faces when you hand them food - especially the kids.  Our time at Dennis & Noeliah's house was super special, too.  I know it means a lot to them for us to visit them at home ... I can't wait to do more home visits before we leave!

We will share more from our week later  -  right now .... it's time for a SIESTA (nap) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment