Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Day One at Copan Ruins

We arrived in Copan around 1:30 Sunday afternoon.  We were so excited to see what this part of Honduras was all about - we have heard so many great things.  We headed to the hotel and spent some time just walking around the town center - visiting little shops and found a little restaurant to get some food. 

After eating, we went to a local tour office and set up a Canopy Tour - zip lines through the mountain!  This is something that we have always wanted to do!  We headed up the mountain in the back of a truck.  About 15 minutes later, we arrived at the place for the harnesses, etc.  Of course - we had to sign our life away - just in case something happened. 

We got all harnessed up and ready to go.  We had another 10 minute ride in the back of the truck to the top of the mountain.  And from there- the fun began! :)

Ride up the Moutain


Before we took off :)

Daniel went first







Our guides took videos of us, too - they are awesome!  We had such a great time ... but I did have a near death experience!  My guide took my harness off of the zip line when I made it to the platform (after one of the zips) ... he didn't notice - but my feet were not over the platform. 

So ... when he took my hook off - I was literally hanging off of my safety harness - dangling over the forest - who knows how high up!  He went into a panic mode and scooped me up onto the platform.  Luckily - Daniel was on his way across the zip line so he didn't see it ... I'm sure he would have gone into Marine mode at that moment!  HAHA :)

Even with the scare - it was a great afternoon!  More pics to come from our other adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment