Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Last Day at La Roca & CHIMINIKE!

Thursday was a very emotional day for us.  We spent our last morning at La Roca - celebrating El Dia del Indio (day of celebration in Honduras), reflecting on our time together with pictures, and having a farewell feast of pizza!  The kids were so sweet - we had a great time getting lots of hugs and love from them.
Giving out good morning kisses :)

Singing Honduran National Anthem

Still singing :)
Playing soccer in the alley


Candid Shot on our walk back


Sign for Dia deel Lempira (Indio)

Little Ericson

3 kiddos that dressed up

Slide show of pictures

Telling them thank you for everything!

The beginning of the hug attack


More coming

:)

Whew - that was tough :)

Finishing Up


This little one - Anyiel - was in my kindergarten class.
She came up to me and thanked me for teaching her, hugging her, and being patient with the kids.
It was the most precious thing - all on her own and in Spanish of course!
We got it on video!

Group picture - some of the kiddos that we were closest to were not there ...
Amy & Sarai both have Chicken Pox - please pray for them!

SMILE :)

Passing out drinks

Passing out Pizza

After our time at La Roca, we took the kids on a very special trip to CHIMINIKE - the Children's Museum in the city.  For these kids - this was a huge deal.  I have shared before that they come from one of the poorest neighborhoods in Tegucigalpa - so coming into the city to go to the Children's Museum was a real treat for them!  We had such a great time - I think the adults played more than the kids in some of the rooms!
Loading the bus at La Roca

Waiting on the kids to arrive

Here they come!

SO excited

Another hug attack :)

In an assembly before starting

trying to avoid a ball fight in the first room

Big kid :)

Peek a Boo!

Sweet Nohelia - cried like a baby when we left!

Chatting with our jefe - boss :)

Playing dress up!

Acting like kids

Story time!

SO cool - in the USA room ... this was the first city poster!
CHARLESTON!  We showed the kids and they were so excited!

Daniel just HAD to have this picture :)

How adorable!?

The kids got on the train and ate dinner - it was so neat!


We spent the afternoon there - laughing, playing, and watching the kids soak up every minute of fun!  When it was time to leave, it was so hard.  Nohelia and Dennis (the two kids that we visited at their house last week) were the hardest ones to leave.  Nohelia fell to pieces in tears - which of course led me to do the same.  Dennis would not say goodbye  -  just kept shaking his head no.  I finally hugged him and told him that I loved him & would see him soon ... and he wouldn't say anything back.  I walked up the steps to leave and when I got to the top I heard someone yelling for me ... I turned back to see my sweet Dennis - standing in the doorway waving goodbye.  That was the cue for my meltdown - I literally cried like a baby.  Daniel was not sure what to do with me at that point ... I was just so sad having to walk away from those sweet kiddos.  I am really leaving a part of me behind - I will never be complete again without seeing these sweet faces everyday!  It is so hard.

We left Friday morning and headed back to San Pedro Sula - the city that we flew in to.  We spent Friday & Saturday there with a musical mission group from the US/Canada.  We had a great time going to their shows and getting to know them a little.  Sunday, we took off - just the two of us - on a bus to the Copan Ruins.  I have been waiting for this part of our trip all summer!  We have had such a great couple of days here ... pictures to come SOON!

Love you guys so much - 2 days to go - can you believe it?! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment