Wednesday, July 4, 2012

First Breakfast Served at La Roca :)

Monday was a very special day at La Roca.  After finishing up the kitchen last week, we were able to serve the kiddos their first breakfast!

When we arrived at school that day, we found this.

Can you tell what she is doing?



The Kindergarten teacher had the children outside practicing their handwriting - using their finger/rock in the dirt.  This motivated my heart so much to do more for these precious kiddos.  I know that we can do something ....  More to come on that later :)

I started teaching 1st-6th that morning .... it was a blast!  I really enjoyed my time with the older kids a lot more than what I imagined.  They were soaking in every word!

Teaching in the Church
Level One - First & Second grade
Clarinda (12 yrs old) is in this group :)

Levels 2 & 3 - Grades 3 - 6
One of my favorites :)

Then we served breakfast - the kids were so excited - we started off easy with just cornflakes and milk :)    Here are some pictures of their first meal served!




Daniel delivering to Kindergarten

Blessing their food - can't get enough of this :)

View from the window in the church

Aben serving leveled kids

Passing out cereal - and kisses too :)
We are so grateful to have been a part of this day ... The Lord is doing great things at La Roca!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Such a blessing to see you teaching these precious little ones. I know that they love you as much as we do! I know they are so excited about being fed breakfast! It breaks my heart to see such need when here we are blessed by much. We will continue to pray for the both of you and all of the precious seeds that have been planted as a result of your labor!

Post a Comment