Thursday, May 17, 2012

Stretching Myself


We found this video last night of the tribe in Honduras that we will be ministering to.  This is the part of the trip that I am most nervous about … when you watch the video you will see why!  It is a three hour drive from where we will be staying, 2 of those hours are on unpaved roads.  Then, we will park the vehicle and have a three hour hike/ horseback ride through rivers and up the mountain to the tribe.


Please pray for me … Daniel is so excited he can hardly stand it.  I am VERY excited about delivering the message of HOPE in Jesus to an unreached people group.  I am just really nervous about the thoughts of being that far “out”.  I am fighting my flesh – and reminding myself that the Lord is my strength and my shield!  Only 11 days to go … can’t believe it’s almost time!
If you have any advice for us... or pointers on what we will need being that far out ... please leave us a comment and share!  We are going to try to take some MRE meals (I'm sure Daniel never imagined having to eat those again) and non-perishable foods so that we will have something to eat.  Not sure how long we will be doing this ministry during our 2 month stay ... but any advice/support/comfort is very much appreciated!

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.
Psalm 28:7

No comments:

Post a Comment