Thursday, April 19, 2012

My heart is full!


I got the sweetest card in the mail today from a family that I love so much!  Claire was one of my students while Daniel was deployed in Afghanistan.  I know without a doubt that those children will forever have my heart … they were my support system while Daniel was deployed.  They shared in my excitement as they waited every day for “Mr. Peal” to send us an invitation on Skype.  I don't know who loved our Skype sessions more ... the kids or Daniel.  They could always put a smile on his face - and he always found a way to excite them, too!

I will never forget the morning when Claire ran down the hall and said, “What is Mr. Peal’s plan?”  … and I said, “Honey, what are you talking about?”  She said, “While I was eating breakfast, I heard on the news that there is a new plan for Afgahnistan.  What is Mr. Peal’s plan?!”  She was so concerned and genuine … like she really thought that Mr. Peal was calling the shots in Afghanistan.  J
Those are precious memories that I will never forget.
Claire’s mom sent me the sweetest card today … along with some pictures and a note from Claire.  Her words brought me to tears – and I was so excited to see how big the kiddos have gotten.  It is so amazing how the Lord brings people in your life that you know will forever be a part of you. 

Note from my sweet girl! :)
This note was just TOO precious!  The picture is not that great ... incase you can't see it ... she wrote that they recently got a cat, that she was doing great in Math (learning about triangles) and that she was excited about us going to Honduras.  She put $7.11 in her envelope as her donation.  This just filled my heart.  To think that she wanted to give her money to us for Honduras - I know that the Lord is going to bless and multiply that $7.11 J

She ended her note by asking, “Where will Boogie, Fifi, and Macie going to go?” J  She always LOVED our pups … she drew pictures and wrote stories about them when she was in my class ... even drew them in a rock band once ... it was a classic!
The Lord has blessed us beyond imagination through the words of our dear friends over the last few weeks.  We have been encouraged and loved – which helps us to press on and know that this is in HIS hands.  THANK YOU – for your love, encouragement and support as we take on our next chapter!

Needless to say, Katie, Brian, Clairey, Court, and Charlie … you have filled my heart today! I am blessed beyond words to know you – and so grateful to have been a part of Claire’s journey! Thank you for your sweet and encouraging words.  Can't wait to share what the Lord does in us and through us in Honduras!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I am so glad you got our card!!! I will make sure Claire reads this post for sure :-)

Post a Comment