Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Feeling more "official" ...


We have been working hard to do as much as we can to get ready for Honduras!  We have about 7 weeks to go – and we know that it will FLY by!
I went last week to get my passport – and it was … well … an experience.  A little under two hours later (and $150+ dollars), I walked out with such an excitement.  Getting my passport made it feel a little more “official”. 
You see – Daniel and I have never been out of the country … well … I guess if you count Afghanistan as being out of the country, then Daniel has me beat.  J But we have never had the need for a passport.  Leaving the country is definitely an "unknown", among many, that we will face in this journey to Honduras. 

So getting a passport was another one of those moments where I had to whisper  “I trust you, Lord!”
Daniel’s passport experience ended yesterday with to be continued
He waited for over an hour on his break between classes, and had to leave before being called to the desk because he had to get back to campus.  Needless to say, he hasn’t had that moment of feeling like it is “official” just yet. 
We mailed most of our support letters yesterday … I am so excited to see/hear that there are people keeping up with us on our blog.  We have been praying that the Lord will use our words on this blog to speak truth and love to our friends and family.  Please follow/comment to let us know that you are “on board” our journey with us!
Other than the passports and letters, we (well, I guess I should say I) have been making lists of things to do/take/prepare/organize before these last few weeks slip away from us.
Please pray that the Lord will continue to provide and work out every detail of this trip.  We are trusting that each day will continue to reveal more of His wonderful plan for us … and we are excited to share our excitement with you!
Trusting that you all had a wonderful Easter weekend - and hoping that you took time to remember and praise the Lord for what the weekend was truly about. 
Easter 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment